The Australian Embassy in Hanoi is currently seeking final year students or recent university or college graduates to provide internship for the Education, Political Engagement and Public Diplomacy and Agricultural Research Sections within the Embassy.
Internships at the Australian Embassy are voluntary, non-remunerated positions which provide an opportunity for interns to gain work experience and develop their skills and knowledge for a specific career. Interns are not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship.
Expatriate internships at the Australian Embassy are conditional on the relevant authorities in Vietnam granting permission to enter and remain to work in Vietnam.
The Interns are located at the Australian Embassy, 8 Dao Tan, Ba Dinh, Hanoi with maximum duration of 3 months period.
The successful applicants will perform the following duties:
- Provide general administrative and logistics support for the office, functions and events;
- Assist officers in conducting basic research and prepare reports on related issues;
- Assist with arranging appointments and official visits as required; and
- Perform translation and interpretation as necessary.
Required qualification and Skills
- Final year student or a recent university or college graduate with a degree in one of the following majors: international relations, international laws, foreign trade, public affairs, journalism, communications or agriculture;
- High competency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Effective organisational skills;
- Good communication skills in English and Vietnamese;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Attention to detail; and
- Willingness to learn new skills.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest of no more than 1 page specifying your suitability for the internship as well as an CV:
Deadline: 5:00pm (Hanoi Time) 14 August, 2015.
THE AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.